Wednesday, September 22, 2010

www.quitnet.com post for my one year quit anniversary

Hey everyone! Hard to believe that in a few hours i will have officially been quit an entire year.
It's UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
But it is TRUE, and it is DOABLE. For all you folks out there struggling, please believe in yourselves. Life is totally worth living, and none of us are really living while we are smoking. Cigs take us away from true life. True life is not easy sometimes, that is for sure, but i will take real life over stuffing problems down with a cig anyday.
I started here at the Q last summer, searching for my forever quit desperately. I failed a few times and then i tried Chantix and it helped me. It wasn't magic, but it definitely helped me. I stayed glued to the Q for months. I ate Redhots and Lemonheads like crazy. I drank a lot of water. I sang in the car, really badly, but it took away my cravings in the car!!! God i love ABBA!!!
Then something happened. I don't even remember when, but maybe around the 3 or 4 month mark. I stopped visiting the Q as often. I felt like i could go out on my own and take some big baby steps.
The more i did that, the more confidence i gained and before i knew it, i hardly ever even thought of smoking at all!
It's truly amazing how the cravings and thoughts kind of melt away after a while. It took a lot of patience and tears and screaming, but i am finally FREE!!!
To all you quitters to be and newbies, please see enough value in yourself to take the bull by the horns and find your forever quit. It is possible. I am proof.
Now i am living life as never before. "Live like your dyin" as Kris Allen sings. I have been doing so much lately that i started my very own blog because i have so many things to share about what i am learning in life. Please visit if you would like.
It's just a new way for me to share with people.
Please stick with your quits. It's the BEST thing you will ever do for yourself.
jaime
d 364

No comments:

Post a Comment