Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thoughts on the BIG QUIT

Tomorrow, September 23, 2010, marks a very important day for me. I will have been quit smoking for an entire year! I am pretty excited to celebrate this milestone because I feel like I have been through ALOT of emotional ups and downs the entire time. Not all of it was bad, but it wasn't always fun either.

I am not positive on how I feel about the whole thing, but I do know that I am so much happier now that I am not attached to cigarettes at all. They completely took over my life. If you can call it a life! I didn't do a whole lot of living for two whole years while I was sucked in to addiction.

Now I am happy, calm, yet energetic, and confident. My whole body feels 100X better in almost every way. My outlook on life is one of hope, instead of constant gloom.

My friends over at quitnet.com helped me tremendously for the first and crucial few months and they continue to be supportive when I have the time to go on there and hang out! But I am so busy now that I barely go on there. I feel like I should make more time to do that, so I can help out other quitters in their journey.

That's what it is. A journey. I am through the worst of it, and now I am continuing on and finding out more about myself. It is getting more and more incredible as time goes on! I gain more confidence and learn new things and it just fuels me along the road of life.

Ok, blah blah blah right? It sounds corny but that's really how I feel now! I just want to make my life the best it can be. I am making up for lost years. I had smoked 11 total years of my 33 lived. One third of my life gone to smoking. Ugh. But I am definitely making up for it now.

Life is great and it's smokefree. I am so happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment