Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday's Hike

I have realized that hiking is one of my favorite things to do. On Saturday I went to the Notch in Amherst and first climbed Bare Mountain and then continued on the MM trail to Mount Hitchcock. I was kinda scared because the land is much rougher than the Mt Norwottuck side. There was loose rock, steep cliffs and some minor rock climbing. But the payoff at the top was great. The views are wonderful. Being from VT, I think I am just naturally inclined to like high places. Who knows?!

So it took me about 3 hours total with all my stopping, viewing, and chatting with other hikers. The weather was perfect, even a tad chilly. I was still sweating though, so it's all good.

Not sure what I am hiking next Saturday yet, but I am itching to do the whole Seven Sisters hike from Norwottuck to Skinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment