Sunday, September 26, 2010

Morning pictures

I got up fairly early today and went out to take pictures. It was lovely! I stayed in Granby, and took some nice landscape views. I came upon an immature red tailed hawk hanging out by Red Fire Farm's giant compost pile. There were probably hundreds of chipmunks for him to hunt! I first took some pics of him in a giant tree, then he swooped down and back up on to the power line where he sat for quite a while. That's when i noticed he was still a baby! He had dots on his wings and he was quite fluffy. After about 10 minutes he swooped back down and attacked something in the bushes about 10 feet away from me! He wasn't scared of me at all, but i am not even sure if i got any shots of him in the bushes. I was enjoying the exciting moment of the hunt. Then he flew back up to the power line and that was when i left him alone.

It was quite exciting and i can't wait to get back out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment