Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Margherita Pizza

At 11:09 PM tonight it will officially be autumn. YAY!!! I love clean air and cool nights after a long, hot summer. The growing season was insane this year, which is great for the farmers and in turn, us. There's lots of produce out there for cheap!

So I made my own margherita pizza the other night and boy was it easy! I got a package of dough at Big Y and put it in a bowl on the counter for over an hour. Once it was stretchable I shaped it for the pizza. I put on just a small amount of sauce, then a layer of fresh mozzarella slices, thinly sliced fresh tomato and basil leaves. I baked it for about 20 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees. The crust was a tad dry so next time I will brush the dough with olive oil first.

It was very satisfying and I can't wait to make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment